关于比尔盖茨有哪些趣事?(What are some interesting facts about Bill Gates?)

Bill Gates once released mosquitoes on people during a presentation on Malaria and said, “There’s no reason why only the poor should have this experience”

比尔·盖茨曾经在一次关于疟疾的演讲中把蚊子放在人身上,他说:“没有理由只有穷人才应该有这种经历。”

In his TED 2009 speech on malaria, he literally released mosquitoes on his audience. Though he later confirmed that the mosquitoes did not carry malaria.

在他2009年关于疟疾的TED演讲中,他向听众释放蚊子。尽管他后来证实蚊子并不携带疟疾。

 

When Bill Gates distributed Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex hammer worth $ 30 million dollars for free

当比尔·盖茨免费分发列奥纳多·达·芬奇价值3000万美元的抄本锤子时

He purchased the codex at an auction in 1994 for $30 million.

1994年,他在一次拍卖会上以3000万美元的价格购得《食品法典》。

He then distributed them for free as desktop wallpapers, themes. He made it openly available on Windows Vista.

然后他把它们作为桌面壁纸、主题免费分发出去。他让它在Windows Vista上公开可用。

In 1997, a comprehensive CD was released.

1997年发行了一张全面的CD。

Gates admits the command ‘ctrl + alt + delete’ was supposed to be a single button

盖茨承认“ctrl + alt + delete”命令应该是一个单独的按钮

He confessed this in 2013, and said the command was invented to prevent applications from generating fake logins and stealing the user’s password.

他在2013年承认了这一点,并表示该命令是为了防止应用程序生成虚假登录和窃取用户密码。

He makes $ 250 per second. If he were a separate country, he would be the 37th richest country in the world

他每秒赚250美元。如果他是一个独立的国家,他将是世界上第37富有的国家

According to him, by 2035, there will be no poor countries in the world. He has promised to donate 95% of his wealth to charity, leaving 5% for his family, “Leaving kids a massive amount of money is not a favour to them”.

根据他的说法,到2035年,世界上将没有贫穷国家。他承诺将95%的财产捐给慈善机构,剩下5%留给家人。

He was anything but innocent

他绝不是无辜的

He hacked his school computers and wrote the class scheduling program himself.

他入侵了学校的电脑,自己编写了排课程序。

He added a feature in it that always placed his seating with female students.

他在程序中增加了一个特色,能让他总是和女学生坐在一起。

He wrote a letter to Steve Jobs when Jobs was dying, which Jobs kept by his bedside

乔布斯临终前,他给乔布斯写了一封信,放在床边

He praised him in the letter, underlining the importance of everything Jobs had achieved

他在信中赞扬了乔布斯,强调了乔布斯取得的一切成就的重要性


原文地址:http://www.quora114.com/china/171.html

关注公众号”Quora每日精选”,带你开眼看世界!